1. CREATE A UNIQUE BRAND BIO
Captivate you audience with a catchy 1-liner that reflects your service while leaving them
wanting more. Three quick tips on selling your brand in one-sentence:
- Make it Emotional
- Keep It Short
- Use Numbers
2. POST AT LEAST ONCE A DAY For those of us with busy schedules, I know this sounds like a lot….because IT IS! But frequent
activity is crucial especially in the early stages of establishing your brand presence online.
Pre-planning and scheduling your posts will help A LOT with this routine.
3. LEVERAGE THE POWER OF #HASTAGS According to Simply Measured, using even a single hashtag increases post engagement by 12.6 percent. They are an effective way to drive organic traffic (THE RIGHT TRAFFIC) to your content. Using the HASTAG is crucial especially when using IG for business. The more specific you can get, while still staying with a popular hashtag, the more successful you’ll be at attracting an engaged and on-point audience.
4. STRATEGIZE CONTENT CAMPAIGNS
A content campaign is simply a marketing plan which outlines the content you plan to share within a certain period of time. One of the most valuable ways to differentiate yourself from your competitors is in the content you provide.
When brainstorming for content, ask yourself these questions:
- Who am I creating this material for?
- What is the problem that it will solve for my audience?
- Where will I publish this content?
If you’d like to learn how to sharpen your content creation skills, click here be added to my list to be the first to receive my Content Marketing Workbook when its released.
5. ENGAGE WITH YOUR AUDIENCE This is one of the simplest steps, when you audience talks to you talk back! If you receive a comment, like it or mention them as you thank them for their feedback. If you are not receiving much activity on your posts, ask more questions. Ask them about their needs or depending on your product/service, ask them about some challenges they may have in this area.
6. REACH OUT TO INFLUENCERS
Choose wisely! One way to boost your followers is by reaching out to influencers, folks we are already dominating on IG who may offer advertising partnerships. This allows them to share your ad or mention you to their followers should instantly generate buzz on your own page (if advertised correctly). Be sure to do you research to ensure this influencer is a positive figure to associate with your brand and their followers match your target audience. Those these opportunities can be a cheap as $25, it adds up pretty quickly if you invest in too many and don’t see the results.
7. SCHEDULE YOUR POSTS
Though posting in the moment is often the best way to capture exclusives, if you have a lot to juggle consider scheduling your posts ahead of time. If frees up your schedule to focus on the money drivers of your business. You can always use Instagram stories to share behind the scenes exclusives or go LIVE to instantly engage with your audience.
8. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE AND THEIR LANGUAGE Don’t aim to please everyone, you will get followers that don’t fit into your target audience. Welcome them with open arms but stay focused on marketing to the users who will make purchases rather than just like posts. You should already know enough about your target audience to determine the best way to attract them. If you are still unsure, you may want to take some time to research your audience before investing too much time posting content that doesn’t fill. Remember, what works for you won’t always work for the clients you seek to attract. So communicate in a way that is appeasing to who you want to attract.
9. SHOWCASE YOUR BRAND PERSONA People are more willing to make a purchase if they trust and believe in what you are offering. The best way to gain trust is to be yourself and stay true to what you believe represents your brand. Once you’ve determined that aspect, maintaining consistency is crucial.
10. SHARE ON OTHER NETWORKS
Instagram offers the option to auto-populate on other social platforms. Even if your primary focus is IG, don’t miss the opportunity to get in front of other audiences.